Saturday, June 09, 2007

Another one under way

Well, the Edward II chapter has been outlined. Not begun, officially, I suppose, but I've decided what I'm going to talk about and roughly in what order. It's a step, even if not the "big" step.

The last two weeks (and it has been [only?] two weeks, which is a little alarming to me) have reminded me yet again why it sucks to have to work to eat during the summers. While I know that *most* people in the real world have to work all the time in order to pay bills, eat, and have fun, as a grad student I find that I have ever so much more time when I'm doing my *real* work than when I'm doing my fake summer work. I always think I'm going to have all this extra time in the summer to work on school-things, work on fun-things, read, etc., but I inevitably barely manage to get the school-things done and nothing more.

Admittedly, it has only been two weeks of summer season (the funny few weeks in the middle of May don't count in my head), so I might get more done than I think, but I'm having a pessimist day. So sue me.

To say nothing of the fact that I do things like post on my blog when I should be reading about Christopher Marlowe... but I feel, at this point, that I've read everything I possibly could need to know about the Elizabethan reception to theater and I'm getting rather sick of it. I want this guy to stop his more general rambling and start talking about Marlowe in particular or - even better - about Edward II.

Bah. Back to tea and tedium with me.

No comments: