Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Introduction, begun

So in a concerted effort to avoid writing my most recent conference paper, I started the introductory chapter to my dissertation today. (This is the second chapter I've worked on thus far, the other one being the last actual chapter.) I think I've finally figured out how to present these ideas in something resembling a clear manner, but there's just SO MUCH to cover. For instance, my quotation notes for this bugger are 32 pages long. And that's just the quotations. There will be a lot that gets left out, methinks.

I have also started that conference paper (on Richard II, which, unfortunately, isn't going into the dissertation), and I've still got time to finish it before May 10, when I leave for the Medieval Congress. Hopefully I'll make some sense by then.

Either way, I'm going to be doing a lot of talking about performance, tyranny, and monarchical violation over the next month or so.

And maybe I'll stop procrastinating by posting about writing in my blog and actually get to the writing.
Ha.

No comments: