Thursday, April 19, 2007

Conference paper, check

Well, there's another project well under way. And by "well under way," I mean "only needs to knock off a few pages and make sure it makes sense." So, Richard II conference paper draft, done.

I'm kind of sad that I'm not writing on Richard II for the dissertation now, though I wouldn't want to replace anything already in there (except The Maid's Tragedy, but I've already written that part). I think it would be really interesting to write a chapter on Richard through Richard II and Woodstock, if only because there's very little out there on Woodstock and it dovetails so nicely with Richard II (since they're about the same King... shocking). It might also be interesting to drag in Edward III, but I've only read that once and not very carefully.

It was suggested that perhaps I keep this for the *next* book (good god), and I think I might have to do an Edward-Richard thing if that were to be the case. Edward II, Edward III, Woodstock, Richard II... Might be an interesting way to look at histories, since everybody else writes on the Henriad (yak). Sure, Richard II leads into the Henriad, but the Edwards and Woodstock (yes, yes, I *know* they aren't Shakespeare, but, believe it or not, Shakespeare wasn't the only guy with a pen in the 1590s) lead right into Richard II in such yummy ways...

*sigh*

I really am a dork, now, aren't I?

No comments: